The Church we know today, emerged in 1868, out of the United Presbyterian Church. Seven years later, it became known as the North United Free Church of Scotland. When the United Free Church came together with the Church of Scotland in 1929, the Church was named the North Church of Scotland. Another development happened in its history in 1942 when it united with the Seafield Church, also in Portknockie and was called the Portknockie Church of Scotland.
Electricity was installed in 1955 and later, major alterations and refurbishment took place with many volunteers from the Church and the community lending a hand. We have been blessed to receive many gifts and donations that have enhanced the interior of the Church and made it into the beautiful sacred space we enjoy today.
The Seafield Hall, built in 1910, is our Church hall and is situated a few yards along the road from the main Church. The Sunday School and various church and community groups meet there. It is also available for private functions and meetings.